Department Manager (m/f/x) Technical DevelopmentWorking at BMH
Beyer & Müller is an established, modern medium-sized family company specialized in the manufacturing of locks and fittings. Our company has a flat hierarchy with short communication channels. The interaction among employees is respectful, appreciative, and responsible.
To strengthen our 80-strong team, we are looking for a dedicated specialist for our site in Velbert.
Your tasksThese are your tasks
Assuming both technical and disciplinary responsibility for the employees in the development department.
Development of new products and further improvement of existing products.
Independent initiation of new product ideas and their implementation.
Planning and supervision of development experiments.
Technical preparation/documentation for outsourcing to third parties (e.g., assignment of design tasks, testing services, etc.).
Creation of requirements and specifications documents.
Supervision of the building regulatory approval process with the certification authority.
Further development / optimization of the technical standards of work equipment (CAD/CAM programs).
Exploring improvement potential.
Responsibility for the internal testing facility and conducting/arranging material testing.
You should be/have:
- Completed university or college degree in engineering or a similar field.
- Several years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Several years of leadership experience.
- Ideally, industry experience in the field of locks and fittings or a comparable metal industry.
- Ability to involve others in your thinking and decision-making process and inspire them to support your goals.
- Proficient in CAD/CAM and MS Office applications, and preferably experienced with ERP systems.
- A role with a high degree of autonomy and room for creativity.
- Comprehensive onboarding through various departments.
- Quick decision-making processes due to flat hierarchies.
- A culture of appreciation within the company.
- Working in a sustainably operating company.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Vacation and Christmas bonus.
- Company-owned parking spaces.
- Opportunities for professional development and further education.
Our contact details:
We look forward to receiving your application/contact via email at:
email@example.com or by mail to
Beyer & Müller GmbH & Co. KG - Am Lindenkamp 55 - 42549 Velbert (Germany)
Your application will be processed by Peiniger Personalberatung GmbH, Solingen, whom we have entrusted with the selection and conducting of interviews. Ms. Peiniger and Mr. Blanke will be pleased to provide you with preliminary information about the position and responsibilities by phone at: +49 (0) 212/50386 or +49 (0) 172/2025718.